Your Title Text

Apply for Your Liquor License, Surety Bonds, and Tax Permits in Texas

A restaurant with alcoholic beverage licenses in Texas

Texas Liquor Licenses

If you own a bar, nightclub, or liquor store, the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC) dictates that you need a variety of bonds to run your business legally. Although we're not affiliated with the TABC, our representative can help you acquire these bonds for an affordable price. Through our affiliate bond companies, your bond premium will be a fraction of the total cost of the bond.

Conduct Surety Bonds: $5,000 or $10,000

As a bar, nightclub, or similar business owner, you have the responsibility to follow the regulations and rules established by the TABC. A conduct bond guarantees that the permittee will not break the law. After three violations, the permittee would have this bond revoked and possibly his or her permit canceled.

In general, a conduct surety bond costs $5,000. But if you own a bar that sits within 1,000 feet of a school, you'll have to pay $10,000 for this bond. Off-premise businesses must also acquire $10,000 Texas surety bonds if their property sits within 1,000 feet of a school.

Performance Bonds: $2,000

Are you located within Bexar, Dallas, Harris, or Tarrant counties in Texas? Do you need a beer retailer's on premise license or a wine and beer retailer's permit to run your business? If so, you'll also need a performance bond. Like surety bonds, performance bonds guarantee

 that the permittee will not violate the law.

If you plan to purchase a performance bond for the first time, expect to pay $2,000, unless you request a quote from our representative regarding a premium fee for a bond. If you are covered by a bond issued by a bonding company and you violate the law, the TABC will demand the cash value of the bond from the surety company, who will, in turn, bill you. You will also have to pay double the amount for another bond before you can reopen and operate your business. After a second violation, the bonds increases to $8,000. A third violation may result in a canceled permit.

Keep in mind that performance bonds only apply to businesses in Bexar, Dallas, Tarrant, or Harris counties.

Mixed Beverage Tax Bonds: $3,750 each

If you serve mixed beverages at your bar or restaurant, you'll need two mixed beverage permits during the first two years you run your business: the mixed beverage sales tax bond and the mixed beverage gross receipts tax bond. The latter protects the state if you fail to pay your gross receipts tax on alcoholic beverage sales.

Other Tax or Permit Bonds: Varied

No matter if you are an importer, carrier, or wholesaler, our representatives can help you acquire the necessary tax and permits bonds to run your business. As permit applications and sales amounts vary, we'll help you find the right bond for the right price.

Website Builder